Effective July, 1, 2019, the SPP Generator Interconnection Queue under a Revised Attachment V tariff has changed to a new three-phase process.
The SPP Generator Interconnection Queue process provides a means for generation planners and developers to submit new generation interconnection projects into the queue for validation, study, analysis and, ultimately, execution of a Generator Interconnection Agreement. These webpages offer guidelines for generator interconnection requests to SPP's transmission system to help you with your generator interconnection requests.
SPP's GI study process is based on the Revised SPP Tariff Attachment V's "Generator Interconnection Procedure (GIP)", effective July 1, 2019, where the process is discussed in greater detail. This tariff also includes the Generator Interconnection Agreement (GIA). For this and additional information, follow the links below:
- Generation Interconnection Request (GIR) Check List
- SPP GI Queue
- SmartQ - GIR Submission Web Portal
- Guidelines for the SPP GIP Process and Business Practices
- Study Results and Report Postings
- SPP Site Control Criteria
- GI Study Cluster Weekly Status
- Generation Interconnection Studies Exploder registration page
- SPP Tariff Attachment V “Generator Interconnection Procedure”
- Presentation - Three Phase GI Study Process Education Session-September 19, 2019
- Overview of the new Three-Phase GI Study Process
- Deposit and Securities Overview for new Three-Phase GI Study Process
- High-level GI fact sheet
Should you have an immediate need that is not addressed on this site, please submit a request via SPP's Request Management System.