Holistic Integrated Tariff Team 2019-06-18
On March 13, 2018, the SPP board of directors approved the Creation of the Holistic Integrated Tariff Team (HITT). The Team has the goal of taking a holistic look at the many issues challenging the SPP region. Specifically, the HITT is tasked to explore and assess the following areas:
- SPP’s transmission planning and study processes, including, but not limited to, Generation Interconnections (GI); the GI queue; Aggregate Studies; Energy Resource Interconnection Service (ERIS) and Network Resource Interconnection Service (NRIS); capacity requirements, including more attributes than energy; and related FERC planning requirements;
- Transmission cost allocation issues, including. but not limited to, Highway/Byway, directly assigned costs, Attachment Z2 credits, cost allocation impacts on transmission pricing zones with large wind resources, and state by state supply resource mix requirements and/or goals;
- Integrated Marketplace impacts related to a changing resource mix, access to lower cost generation, potential changes in production tax credits, approach of using market-based compensation for varying attributes of different types of generators, etc.;
- Disconnects or potential synergies between transmission planning and real-time reliability and economic operations; and
- Additional areas and/or issues as appropriate and reasonably related to its scope of work.
Upon gathering all pertinent information the Team is expected to issue a report to the SPP Board of Directors and Members Committee containing a set of high-level recommendations that provide solutions for the region by April 2019.