Summer 2018 Quarterly State of the Market Report highlights energy prices, decline in congestion
The Southwest Power Pool (SPP) Marketing Monitoring Unit (MMU) has released its Quarterly State of the Market Report for the summer 2018 period, which covers June through August 2018. Highlights for the period include:
- Energy prices remained low, with summer prices averaging around $25/MWh.
- Continued decrease in intervals that experienced negative energy prices.
- Overall congestion across the footprint has declined.
- The special issues section of the report contains –
- A discussion of the KCP&L/Westar merger.
- A review of the manual commitment process in the SPP market, along with recommendations for improvement.
For more details, the entire report can be found at https://www.spp.org/spp-documents-filings/?id=18590.
For additional information, contact email@example.com