Through the annual strategic roadmap development process, SPP staff and stakeholders identify, educate, rank and approve new and existing initiatives for development over the next two to five years. The process ensures SPP is fulfilling the greatest needs for growth and enhancement, considering both economics and reliability. Moreover, the strategic roadmap process enables us to balance and understand our stakeholders’ diverse interests, placing us on a unified path to achieving our collective strategic goals and creating sustainable long-term value.
The roadmap fosters SPP’s value proposition and ensures the SPP Strategic Plan’s foundational strategies are driving initiatives. Alignment with the foundational strategies ensures SPP will continue to create the capabilities and operational processes necessary to fulfill SPP’s mission and improve its value propositions while being challenged by a rapidly changing environment.
2020-2021 Strategic Roadmap Development Timeline
*Dates are approximate and may change as we finalize functional area schedules.
- Process training: Please contact Erin Cathey (email@example.com)
- Nov. 1-Jan. 31 — Initiative submission window
- Nov. 1-Feb. 12 — Initiative comment window
- March 1-31 — Initiative education sessions: Meeting dates TBD
- April 1 — ORWG Initiative education session
- TBD — Prioritization survey window: Dates TBD
- TBD — Prioritization results review sessions: Meeting dates TBD
- July TBD, 2021 — SPC Roadmap endorsement
- July 12, 2021 — MOPC Roadmap approval
During the initiative submission and comment period, submit completed initiative submission and comment forms to the SPP Request Management System (RMS).
Access the sidebar for process documentation, initiative submission and comment forms, training materials and more. Materials are continually being added.
Please contact Erin Cathey with questions about the strategic roadmap development process.