Through the annual strategic roadmap development process, SPP staff and stakeholders identify, educate, rank and approve new and existing initiatives for development over the next two to five years. The process ensures SPP is fulfilling the greatest needs for growth and enhancement, considering both economics and reliability. Moreover, the strategic roadmap process enables us to balance and understand our stakeholders’ diverse interests, placing us on a unified path to achieving our collective strategic goals and creating sustainable long-term value.
The roadmap fosters SPP’s value proposition and ensures the SPP Strategic Plan’s foundational strategies are driving initiatives. Alignment with the foundational strategies ensures SPP will continue to create the capabilities and operational processes necessary to fulfill SPP’s mission and improve its value propositions while being challenged by a rapidly changing environment.
2020-2021 Strategic Roadmap Development Timeline
*Dates are approximate and may change as we finalize functional area schedules.
- Process training: Please contact Erin Cathey (email@example.com) if you missed the training sessions and would like more information. Functional area working groups will receive individual training during upcoming meetings.
- Initiative submission window: Nov. 1 – Jan. 15
- Initiative comment window: Nov. 1 – Jan. 31
- *Initiative education session material posting: Feb. 8, 2021
- *Initiative education sessions: Meetings will vary per functional area: Feb. 16–28, 2021
- Feb. 22: ORWG, Operations Roadmap Education Session
- Feb. 23: Joint ESWG, TWG, MDAG, Planning Roadmap Education Session
- Feb. 24: SAWG , Supply Adequacy Roadmap Education Session
- Feb. 25: MWG, Market Roadmap Education Session
- *Ranking and prioritization survey window (Functional area rostered members only): March 22 – April 9, 2021
- *Ranking and prioritization survey results posted: May 3, 2021
- *Ranking and prioritization results review meetings (Open forum): Meetings will vary per functional area: May 11 – June 30, 2021
- May 12: MWG, Market Roadmap Prioritization Session
- May 13: ORWG, Operations Roadmap Prioritization Session
- May 14: SAWG, Supply Adequacy Roadmap Prioritization Session
- May 17: Joint ESWG, TWG, MDAG, Planning Prioritization Session
- SPC Roadmap endorsement: July 2021
- MOPC Roadmap approval: July 2021
During the initiative submission and comment period, submit completed initiative submission and comment forms to the SPP Request Management System (RMS).
Strategic Roadmap Net-Conference Registration
Access the sidebar for process documentation, initiative submission and comment forms, training materials and more. Materials are continually being added.
Please contact Erin Cathey with questions about the strategic roadmap development process.