Through the annual comprehensive roadmap development process, SPP staff and stakeholders identify, educate, prioritize and approve new and existing initiatives for development over the next two to five years. The process ensures SPP is fulfilling the greatest needs for growth and enhancement, considering both economics and reliability. Moreover, the comprehensive roadmap process enables us to balance and understand our stakeholders’ diverse interests, placing us on a unified path to achieving our collective strategic goals and creating sustainable long-term value.
The roadmap fosters SPP’s value proposition and ensures the Strategic Plan is driving initiatives. Alignment with the Strategic Plan ensures SPP will continue to create the capabilities and operational processes necessary to fulfill SPP’s mission and improve its value propositions while being challenged by a rapidly changing environment.
2022 Comprehensive Roadmap Development Timeline
*Dates are approximate and may change as we finalize functional area schedules. Please contact Kristen Darden with any process questions.
- Comprehensive Roadmap Process Training: 11/7/2022 and 11/11/2022
- Initiative Submission Timeframe: 11/14/2022 – 12/9/2022
- Initiative Comment Timeframe: 11/14/2022 – 12/14/2022
- Initiative Education Session by Functional Area: 1/3/2023 – 1/24/2023
- MWG – TBD
- ORWG – 1/4/2023
- SAWG – 1/5/2023
- TWG/ESWG/MDAG – 1/12/2023
- Initiative Prioritization Session by Functional Area: 1/9/2023 – 2/10/2023
- MWG – TBD
- ORWG – 2/8/2023
- SAWG – 2/2/2023
- TWG/ESWG/MDAG – 2/8/2023
- Markets and Operations Policy Committee (MOPC) Endorsement: 4/10/2023
- Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) Endorsement: 4/12/2023
- Board of Directors (BOD) Endorsement: 4/25/2023
During the initiative submission and comment period, submit completed initiative submission and comment forms to the SPP Request Management System (RMS).
Access the sidebar for process documentation, initiative submission and comment forms, training materials and more. Materials are continually being added.
Please contact Erin Cathey with questions about the comprehensive roadmap development process.